Saturday, August 28, 2010

glossy's Activities | RunKeeper

glossy's Activities | RunKeeper

This morning I decided to head out for an early (6:45am) ride to clear the head and try to figure out how I am going to tackle today's tasks. I have a full day and figured I would head out on a very simple "sit and spin" 2 hour ride using once again just the small chain ring, so no hammering today just a lot of spinning and bonding with the saddle.

It is very strange not to see anyone sharing the bike lane when riding. Today I got passed by no one and passed no one, very odd but great for getting things done mentally for the upcoming week. Also on a lighter side I decided to wear socks for the 1st time. I see all the roadies wearing them every Sunday. Since I grew up here in SD and never wore socks off the bike and it just sort of migrated to when I was on the bike. I never used them and then when I started doing triathlons I noticed none of them wore socks either so I felt pretty good about not wearing them. But after noticing I was maybe the only one on Sundays NOT wearing them I wanted to see what all the hub bub was all about. I want to report it was ok, nothing special and think it may have to be pretty cold out there for me to do it again.

Okay enough about all this. I have a flyer to get done, a funds request letter to draft up for a foundation that may help out, a challenge letter for my bowling challenge that will net $1K and a few more things for the CAF/MDC XX1090 Scott & BR Cycling Team.

No comments: